What Are The Benefits Of Attending A Group Class?
- Your dog gets undivided attention, one hour per week, for 7 weeks from you.
- Socialization with other dogs and people in a safe, controlled environment.
- Training that is fun and fair. We shape wanted behaviours by using high value rewards and marker training.
- Real life scenarios. We teach dogs to generalize, work through distractions and perform in various environments.
- Problem solving and manners. We discuss how to prevent or address unwanted behaviours and our staff is available by phone or email to help answer any questions.
- Consistency at home. We constantly encourage our students to incorporate what we learn in class into their every day routine, providing detailed examples of how to do so.
- Training that works. After we have given you the tools, we test what we have learned by practicing in a new environment (one out of facility field trip included).
Reward-Based, Balanced Training
"I want my dogs to understand what I want from them, and I want them to know how to turn the pressure off. So meaning I have shown them what I expect them to do, I have shown them there’s something in it for them, I have shown them how to turn pressure off, and now I say okay, this is your clear path to getting it right.” -Michael Ellis